Sunday, September 26, 2010

09.27.10 : Artist Entry : Aaron Feavor

Aaron Feaver is currently living in LA and is working as a web designer and photographer.
"I’m self taught. I’ve been taking pictures for years but only got serious about it in the last 6 months or so, when I started photographing people in a more formal way. It changed from being something I casually enjoyed to something I was obsessed with." - Aaron Feaver

Tiny Animals Series

The Tiny Animal series animals are a Re-Ment toy set from a Japanese grocery store. The images were taken with an old Konica SLR, using a reverse-mounted 57mm lens. The film was Fuji Superia 100.

Tiny Animals Series

"Some of his work is decidedly of the low-fi aesthetic and prominently features scratches, dust and chemical processing defects, as well as the discolouration that sometimes comes with expired film. He unashamedly does not try to address these issues, which collectively give his body of work an immediacy that declares it emphatically as photography, rather than mere pretty picture making. "

Jones, Nathan. "Notable: Aaron Feaver." The Photon Fantastic. 11 Mar. 2010. Web. 25 Sept. 2010. .

Tiny Animals Series

This series relates to my current work because it document man-made animal replicas, which is part of my animal cataloging. In addition, I have been using very selective focus in my shots, which I really enjoy in this series. By using a selective focus on inanimate objects, it gives them a sense of life and movement.

Feaverish Photography
Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment